The Aloe thraskii is one of the most beautiful arborescent aloes there . Its long, fleshy leaves of a beautiful olive-green color, in addition to its spectacular yellow inflorescence, make it a very interesting plant to decorate the garden … even if it is small ????.
But not only is it beautiful, but it is also capable of withstanding soft frosts as long as they are not frequent.
How is Aloe thraskii?
Our protagonist is an aloe from South Africa (specifically from the dunes of KwaZulu-Natal) that develops a simple stem with a maximum height of 4 meters. It has many long leaves with a length of up to 1.6m, olive-green, without thorns except in the middle line, which has some. The flowers are grouped in inflorescences with 4-8 clusters of conical shape. These are very dense, lemon yellow.
Its rate of growth is, like the rest of the arborescent aloes, very slow. But it is one of the ones that grow closest to the sea, so if you live near a beach or the coast, you can have it outside if the weather is mild.
How do you take care of The Aloe Thraskii ?
Have you fallen in love with this aloe and would you like to know how to take care of it? Do not worry. You are not the only one ???? Here is your care guide:
- Location : whenever possible, it must be outside, in full sun. In the event that you do not have a garden or that it is very cold in winter, you can also have it inside, in a room where there is plenty of natural light.
- Soil or substrate : it is not very demanding, but it is important that it has very good drainage since otherwise its roots could rot easily.
- Irrigation : let the soil dry completely before watering.
- Fertilization and Nutrients : it is important to fertilize during the spring and summer with a fertilizer for cactus and succulents, or by throwing a small spoonful of Nitrophoska every 15 days.
- Transplant or planting season : in spring.
- Multiplication : seeds in spring-summer.
- Resistance and Resilience : it supports the cold and frost of up to -3ºC, but they must be punctual and of very short duration. In any case, it should be protected from hail and snow.