|Friday Five: Garden Gadgets|
|Written by Heleigh Bostwick Friday, 24 August 2012|
Here's a quick look at some of the more interesting gardening gadgets available. Some are downright amusing, but one or all of them just might catch your fancy.
1. The Garden Bucket Caddy from Fiskars is just what you need to store your tools and transport them around the garden. It fits on a 5-gallon bucket, is constructed of durable canvas, and even has pockets for your cell phone, water bottle, and seed packets.
2. The Tumbleweed Compost Bin has a unique design that's made from recycled polyethylene plastic. It's compact and easy to use. Ideal for small spaces and cold climates!
3. Vigoro Seed Starter Mulch contains fertilizer and recycled paper and can be used to protect flower seeds from being eaten by birds-ówithout depositing weed seeds like many other types of mulch. Available at Home Depot.
4. TerraCycle All Purpose Plant Food, composed of worm castings, the organic waste that's generated by worms when they eat garbage, are a great way to add nutrients to garden soil.
5. Weeding Glasses are a combination of reading glasses and sunglasses, perfect for gardening, and of course weeding. Offering 100% UVA and UVB protection, all proceeds from the sale of weeding glasses are donated to The Sierra Club.